Manage Hire Products.
This document is a brief guide to help a user in adding, selling and managing a hire product in your Amicus POS software. This document will cover certain key steps in managing a hire product. For more information please contact NeoTechnology support on 1300 88 00 48.
Key points outlined in this document include:
· Adding product as hire product
· Setting deposits
· Selling product
· Managing return of hire product
· Finalising sale of hire product
Adding Products as Hire Products.
1. To add a product in Amicus first run the software and login. Once inside click on the ‘Products’ menu on the top left hand corner of the Amicus software window. A dropdown menu should appear as shown in Figure1 below. From this dropdown menu click on the ‘add/edit products’ submenu. A new window will open shown in figure2.
2. In the new window enter a new product by completing the product code, default barcode, description and base sell price. Further categories based on business requirements or needs of its products can be filled out here. Once all required areas has been filled click on the save button on the bottom left hand corner of the window. Then click on the left arrow on the top right hand corner of the window as shown in figure2.
3. Click on the hire ‘submenu’ on the top right hand corner of the window. This will open a new window as shown in figure3. In that window check the ‘Is Hire Product’ check box to indicate that the selected product is a hire product. In this window you can also select if a deposit is required by checking on the ‘Has deposit’ check box located next to the hire product check box. A deposit amount and a hire frequency, the measurement of time a product is hired for, can also be entered as shown in figure3. Once all information is entered click on the save button at the bottom of the window.
4. Once you have clicked on the save button the window will return to the original submenu seen in figure2. This conclude adding a Hire Product to the system.
Selling/Renting out a Hire Product.
1. From the home screen click on the ‘Make a Sale’ menu. Once inside enter the barcode of the product for hire as shown in figure4, and press enter on your keyboard or the ‘Find’ button.
2. A new window as shown in figure5 will open. From that window you can select when the time when the product was hired at, the time duration for which it is rented out and any further notes you wish to make. Once all details are entered click on the ‘Hire’ button at the bottom right hand corner of the window to add the product to sale screen as shown in figure6.
3. Once in the sell screen you can add the customer details by clicking on the ‘New’ (for new customer) and the ‘Find’ (for regular customers) to add customer details to the system and link them with a hired product. This guide will show you how to add a new customer to the sale.
4. Click on the ‘Add’ button as shown in figure6. This will open a new window as shown in figure7. From this window enter any details which may be necessary to identify the customer such as company name, customer surname/first name and phone number. Once all details are entered click on the ‘Save’ button located at the bottom left hand corner of the window. This will take you back to the sell screen where you can complete the sale as usual.
5. Once the product has been returned you can finalise the sale of the hire product. To do this open Amicus at the home screen, click on the ‘Products’ menu and click on the ‘Manage Hires’ from the dropdown menu as shown in figure8.
6. This will open a new window as shown in figure9. In this window you can finalise the return of the product by searching either by the product name or customer name. Click on the product to be returned and then click on the ‘Return Hire’ button located at the bottom of the window.
7. This will open a new window as shown in figure10. In this window you can select the time it was returned, as well as how late, if at all, it was returned. You can also add notes relating to the hire. Once all details have been entered click on the ‘Return’ button at the bottom of the window.
8. The sell window will open and you can finalise the sale.
Managing Hire Product.
1. In Amicus it is possible to select wether a customer pays for the hire product before or after use. This can be done by clicking on ‘File’ menu, ‘Preferences’ submenu and ‘All registers’ sub-submenu as shown in figure11.
2. This will open a new window. Click on the ‘System’ submenu located at the top right hand corner of the menu tab as shown in figure12.
3. Once in the system menu you can check the ‘Pay for hire on return’ checkbox located in the middle left of the window as shown in figure13. This will allow the customer to pay for the hired product on return of the product. You can also set a percentage deposit value for hire product. This will mean a customer will have to pay a percentage of the product value as a start-up deposit which will then be returned to him/her.
4. Once the setting wanted has been selected you can click on the Apply button as shown in figure13 to complete the management of hire products.