Amicus Retail & Basic Features
An Introduction to Amicus Retail and its basic features
Key Points Outlined
· How to Add Products
· How to Add products to main sales screen
· How to Add / Edit Staff details & authority
· Amicus Pricing Wizard
How to add Products to Amicus
1. Once in Amicus, hover your cursor over the “Products” tab at the top of the screen.
Select the “Add/Edit Products” (outlined in red).
2. The “Add / Edit Products” window is where all items in the company inventory will be added.
The fields outlined in red are mandatory and must be filled out in order to Amicus to process a sale.
To give an example of what a completed “Add / Edit Products” should look like.
When the fields are completed select save.
3. In order to properly manage products it is ideal to assign them to “Product Groups”.
While in the “Add / Edit Product page there is a dropdown menu that reads “Product Group”, next to it is an “Add” button (outlined in red). Select that to create a product group.
In the “Product Group” creation screen there are two fields to fill out in order to create a “Product Group”; “I.D” & “Name”. Both of these fields are unique, meaning that there cannot be two product groups with the same name and / or I.D.
In this example a Car Wash business is being used. The type of Wash we are looking to classify are “Express Washes”. The ID (usually an abbreviation) is written as “EXP” and the full name is “Express Wash”
Once the details for the product group have been saved & when in the “Add / Edit Products” selecting the “Product Group” dropdown menu will now be populated.
Click “save” to embed the product into the Amicus database.
How to Add Products to the Sales Screen
1. While products may be added into Amicus there is further configuration required to make them easily accessible.
This additional configuration can be achieved by setting the product pad to display “Product Group” that was created prior.
At the Amicus home page hover over “File” (outlined in red, down to “Maintenance” (outlined in black), “Product Pad” (outlined in green) and select “Manage Product Pad Pages” (outlined in gold)
2. This will open the “Add / Edit Product Pad Page”. The content in this window determines what is displayed on the “Make a Sale” screen in Amicus.
To create a new “Product Pad” select “Add” in the bottom left of the Window.
This will create an empty record that needs to be filled out and have products added in order to become an active “product pad” on the “Make a sale screen”.
To change the “Name” & “Description” in the “Add / Edit Product Pad Page”, simply single-click on the field. Be sure to make the “Name” a shortened or abbreviated version of the Product Category, and the description to be the full-name.
Please use the above as an example of what a properly completed “Product Pad” would appear.
To add products to the “Product Pad”, ensure that the newly created “pad” is highlighted and select “Add” (outlined in red).
Double-clicking your newly created “Product Pad” will open up a new Window containing a list of the products that are a part of that “Product Pad”. Currently, the list should be unpopulated.
To populate this list select “Products” (outlined in red) that will be located under the “Add” Ribbon.
The quickest method of finding products would be to organise the products by “Product Group” (outlined in red) and press “Refresh” (outlined in gold).
This will populate the list below with all the Products that are a part of that “Product Group” which is set while creating the product.
A populated list will look as shown above, obviously the more products that have been assigned to the “Product Group” the more that will show.
To finalise adding the product/s to the “Product “Pad, select “Add Selected”.
When taken back to the previous screen, select “Save”, and “Save” again.
There should be an extra button in the top right of the “Make a Sales Screen”.
How to Add / Edit Staff Details & Authority
Amicus allows multiple staff to be registered against its database. Part of this feature also allows the employer to set authority among the users, so for example a clerk may not be able to access the same features as a manager can.
1. At the Amicus home page hover over “File” (outlined in red), down to “Maintenance” (outlined in black) and “Add / Edit Staff Details” (outlined in gold)
2. Once selected from the “Maintenance” menu the “Add / Edit Staff Details
To create a Staff record in Amicus each record requires a unique ID number (automatically generated by the system, name, a password and 4-digit key code.
Once those fields are filled out select save.
3. In order to manage the maintain employee details, it is vital to create “Roles” and assign employees to them. This is able to give a clear indication of KPIs, sales records and also restricts access for features such as discounts and reversing sales to strictly management positions.
Go To create a role selects the “Roles” tab (outlined in red).
This will open a list of the current roles available for Amicus to use.
By default this Window should only be populated with Administrator. To create extra roles, select “Manage Roles” (outlined in red).
4. The “Manage Roles” Window allows you to assign a “Name” and access functions for that particular role
There are two modules in this Window “Current Actions” (which should be empty) and “All Actions” (all access features possible from Amicus), in order to move those across what action would be suitable for the position and select “<< Add Action” (outlined in red). This will add that feature to the role.
Once you have specified the role and given it a name ensure to select save on exit, as without selecting save all the details regarding the role will be deleted.
5. Once the Staff and Role have been created the Staff must be applied to the role in order for those restrictions and accesses to be applied.
Select the Staff member the provisions are to be applied to.
Then navigate back to the “Roles” tab, and select “<<Add Role” to create those provisions on that specific user. Saves the changes, then exit.
Amicus Pricing Wizard
Amicus provides a tool that is able to modify prices of items based off a large selection of criteria, including supplier, customer, product group and many more. Factors such as date from-to are able to be set as well. This Wizard allows the option of price increases & decreases based off either percentage or a set amount.
To start the pricing Wizard; on the main Amicus screen hover over “Products” (outlined in black), hover down to “Pricing”(outlined in blue) and select “Pricing Wizard” (outlined in red).
1. Select “next”
2. Select “Regular”
3. This page allows the user to search for products to apply the new priving on based on any of the critera.
To continue, Tick “Primiary Product Information”, and select “Product Group” from the selection just underneth.
4. Allows for discounts or price changes to be allocated on a customer basis. Leave blank and select “Next”.
5. Confirms which “Product Groups” to have modified under the price changes.
6. Select “Create a new Adjustment”, please note by default this would be unpopulated.
7. This page sets the rules for the price changes. There are options to decrease, increase by a set amount or by a percentage.
8. Allows the user to set the length of the discount, if the end date is left null then the promotional prices will last until manually edited later. The “Order of Operations” option is intended for products with multiple price rules that sets a priority. When complete select “next”.
9. The final is a summary of the rules that are to be applied. To continue and save select “Finish”.