Amicus Retail & Basic Features
An Introduction to Amicus Retail and its basic features
Key Points Outlined
· Refunding Cash & Eftpos Manually
· Creating Staff Users
· Overriding Price & Quantity
· Balancing Tills
Refunding Cash Manually
1. Enter the “Make-a-sale” screen
Select the “Reverse Sale” option (outlined in red)
2. Enter the Invoice Number using the number pad onscreen
When an invoice has been successfully found the screen should look similar to below
The ability to reverse sales in Amicus comes with two option Firstly, to Reverse an entire sale (all items on an invoice) or to Reverse the sale of a single product within that invoice.
To reverse the whole sale select “Reverse Entire Sale” (outlined in red). To reverse a single item, single click the item and select “Reverse Item” (outlined in blue).
3. Once decided if to Reverse the whole sale or a single item from the sale there is the Option to refund the funds onto either a card (Eftpos) or cash from the till.
To choose between either simple select “Cash” (outlined in red) or “Card” (outlined in blue). Select “Apply Change” (outlined in gold) changes when Reverse Method is decided.
This will automatically balance the till for the adjusted amount and add the returned items back into your stocktake.
How to Add / Edit Staff Details & Authority
Amicus allows multiple staff to be registered against its database. Part of this feature also allows the employer to set authority among the users, so for example a clerk may not be able to access the same features as a manager can.
1. At the Amicus home page hover over “File” (outlined in red), down to “Maintenance” (outlined in black) and “Add / Edit Staff Details” (outlined in gold)
2. Once selected from the “Maintenance” menu the “Add / Edit Staff Details
To create a Staff record in Amicus each record requires a unique ID number (automatically generated by the system, name, a password and 4-digit key code.
Once those fields are filled out select save.
3. In order to manage the maintain employee details, it is vital to create “Roles” and assign employees to them. This is able to give a clear indication of KPIs, sales records and also restricts access for features such as discounts and reversing sales to strictly management positions.
Go To create a role selects the “Roles” tab (outlined in red).
This will open a list of the current roles available for Amicus to use.
By default this Window should only be populated with Administrator. To create extra roles, select “Manage Roles” (outlined in red).
4. The “Manage Roles” Window allows you to assign a “Name” and access functions for that particular role
There are two modules in this Window “Current Actions” (which should be empty) and “All Actions” (all access features possible from Amicus), in order to move those across what action would be suitable for the position and select “<< Add Action” (outlined in red). This will add that feature to the role.
Once you have specified the role and given it a name ensure to select save on exit, as without selecting save all the details regarding the role will be deleted.
5. Once the Staff and Role have been created the Staff must be applied to the role in order for those restrictions and accesses to be applied.
Select the Staff member the provisions are to be applied to.
Then navigate back to the “Roles” tab, and select “<<Add Role” to create those provisions on that specific user. Saves the changes, then exit.
Overriding Price & Quantity of Items
1. Go to your “Make a Sale” screen.
2. Add a product, for example “SAMPLE1” for demonstration is the product
3. Select “Price Override” (Outlined in red) or “Quantity Override” (outlined in blue), please note they both enter the same window.
4. Adjust the Quantity &/or Price using the number pad onscreen
5. When the Quantity &/or Price of the product has been changed, select “OK”
6. The changes will be reflected in the “Make a Sales” screen.
Amicus allows the user to Balance their Till. The software assists the user by keeping track on what denominations of currency have been recorded. However the onus is on the user to check for discrepancies in the till.
1. Navigate to your “Make a sale” screen.
Select the “Balance Till” option (outlined in red).
2. On the “Balance Till Dialog” it displays the three methods of payment “Cash”, “Cheque” and “Card”. Please note that Cheque sales made with a Card will be recorded under “Card”.
To Balance cash payments select the “Breakdown” button (outlined in red).
3. In the cash breakdown screen Amicus will display what has been recorded as paid by cash sales. Physically check this against what Amicus is displaying.
If there are discrepancies they can be mended by single clicking the “Quantity” tab of the cash breakdown screen (outlined in red).
4. To Balance the till against the “Card” amount, simple run a transaction summary and clarify if the amounts match up.